Tableau is data visualisation software that allows you to easily connect to data, then visualise and create interactive, and sharable dashboards.
As a Tableau Partner, we have extensive experience working with Tableau to help our clients answer their most important business and commercial questions.
Why we use Tableau
Core benefits include:
- Time to Value: Tableau takes less time to deploy than many other BI tools. No programming skills are required!
- Designed for Flow: Making the interface “disappear” has been a design goal since Tableau was founded 10 years ago. No other software allows the user to focus on data as well as Tableau.
- Visual Analytics: In Tableau Desktop, you define both the chart and the query in one step, and can do so by directly interacting with the visualisation rather than first defining a query, then taking the resulting table and applying it to a chart.
- Agile Data Connections: Tableau has 40+ tuned live data connections to on-premise, cloud and file based data sources. You can keep your data where it is; Tableau can connect to your data and leverage your investment in data architecture, or you can create data extracts for fast in-memory queries and sharing. Tableau also supplies a data engine for additional data support right out of the box.
How we use Tableau
Beyond Tableau visualisation design and development, as a Tableau partner our team provides:
- Tableau architecture and environment planning
- Complex data blending and data integration
- Advanced UX development
- Predictive analytics
- Single sign-on and data security
- Performance tuning
- Geospatial analytics
- Self-service analytics
- Visualisation review and advisory services
- Development methodology and governance
We can also leverage UniverseBridge to seamlessly integrate your data residing in SAP BusinessObjects into Tableau visualisations, allowing you to leverage your corporate business logic already developed within your SAP BusinessObjects Universes.
- Reuse, don’t rebuild
- Accelerate development
- Get the best of both worlds
Tableau Case Study
We worked in partnership with our client, a leading building products and construction materials group, to replace an ageing Cognos environment with an optimised solution for self-service reporting and analytics. Following deep dive business analysis, we recommended and implemented Tableau which has had strong user uptake and led to considerable time savings. Our client’s users are now empowered to build their own reports and dashboards without relying on their IT department.