- Reduced department performance and decision making.
- High level of local knowledge and information disparity.
- Inefficient business processes.
To address these issues, our client sought a solution that would ensure accurate and timely data, with automated reporting integrated into business processes, to improve the overall value chain and support high quality service delivery to its dealers.
While the main aim was to replace the existing environment and automate reporting, investigation determined that adoption of standardised processes and practices was also required across all areas of the business to ensure data integrity.
We used Agile methodology in order to meet a tight project schedule, capture essential knowledge and deliver usable features faster. The outcome was a revolutionised reporting system that included the following new features:
- Fully automated solution.
- Data feeds synchronised directly from an accessible and centralised data warehouse.
- Reports emailed directly to management.
- Web interfaces for data input.
- Controls and alerts to prompt input of the right data at the right time.
- More informed decision making: Management has access to accurate and timely information that can be used to influence business decisions.
- Efficiencies in reporting: Report generation takes considerably less time, freeing national parts and delivery team members to focus on higher value activities.
- Increased productivity: Staff no longer need to spend time double- and triple-checking data and reports to ensure accuracy.
- Improved transparency of information: Valuable data is no longer locked up in invoices and Excel spreadsheets, but is accessible to all those who require it.
- Integrated business processes and practices: The production of daily reports has become an integrated part of the client’s operations, supporting business efficiency and a smarter way of working.
- Seamless knowledge transfer between locations: With automated reporting, the business no longer relies on the knowledge of a handful of employees to produce daily reports. Sharing information between team members is now easier and faster.
350 Kent Street,
Sydney, NSW, 2000
+61 2 9299 4430
350 Collins Street,
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
+61 3 8605 4880